Saturday, January 1, 2022

Happy 10th Blogoversary

 

"Ten" by Gamma-Ray Productions 
is licensed under 
CC BY-ND 2.0

When I was working on my master's degree in gerontology / aging studies, I wanted to place to record my growing awareness of how we age and how we can better manage the aging process. 

I have a tendency to do a deep dive into topics by looking at academic journal articles, government reports, and information on websites hosted by nongovernmental organizations.  I also like to read broadly about aging and watch films that feature older adults as the protagonists. 

However, as the weeks, months, and years go on, I do not always remember details such statistics or the precise titles of books that I've read or the names of every leading actor in films that I view. 

This blog serves as a great way to jog my own memory. I am more than happy to share my efforts with others. 

Today is the 10th anniversary of this blog, or my blogoversary. During this time, I have written and published 450 posts.  

The overall Top 20 has not changed much in the last few years, so here is a link to a previous blogoversary post that includes the 20 titles and their links. 

Consequently, here are the posts with the most views for each year since I started this blog. 


2012 Films about Aging

2013 Film's about Alzheimer's Disease and Other Dementias (NCDs)

2014 Books about Dementia (Neurocognitive Disorders)

2015 Baby Boomers Born in 1962

2016 Gum Health: Biomarker of Health and Longevity

2017 White Blood Cell Count: Biomarker of Health and Longevity

2018 Ageless Soul: Book Review

2019 Prepare for Your Care: A Free Resource for ACP

2020 Podcasts about COVID-19

2021 Mid-America Institute on Aging & Wellness: 2021 Conference Preview

I hope that you find something that interests you from this list. If not, please check out the index at the left or try your luck with the search tool. 

All my best to you and yours as you manage your own aging process and as you support the generation above you. 

Related:

2021 Top Posts: films, books, government reports on aging, and more. 

Happy 9th Blogoversary: films, books, biomarkers, and eldertales. 

7 comments:

  1. Happy Blogoversary. You started your blog journey on New Year's day, there's something really cool about that. Wishing you 20 more years of gathering information and informing us all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, other Karen, for stopping by the blog on this most festive day. May you have a wonderful 2022.

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary, Karen! Many thanks for all the great resources you point us toward. You've helped educate and enlighten many of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogaversary, Karen! You have done and are doing a good work! I'm diving into the 'Films About Ageing'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope that you find one or two films that interest you. Have a great year, Diane.

      Delete
  4. HI Karen, Its about your blog Films about ageing. A million thanks. I just hope someday I find the meaning. These movies are just eye opener

    ReplyDelete