AFTER-THE-FACT UPDATE: I enjoyed this conference as a Zoom host, presenter, and audience member. SAVE THE DATES for 11 & 12 of August 2022.
In June of 2022, you will find the 2022 brochure and registration materials by visiting the link to MAIA (Mid-America Institute on Aging and Wellness).
MAIA's virtual format in 2020 and 2021 meant that you do not have to be from easy driving distance to attend. USI and SWIRCA are located in Evansville, Indian, which is part of the Tri-State Region (Southern Illinois, Northwestern Kentucky). There first 12 years were in person with many participants hailing from the tristate or cities within an easy driving distance: St. Louis, Indianapolis, Louisville, Nashville.
The conference program has a variety of topics that include (but are not limited to) the following: diet, exercise, finances, dementia care, mental health care, combating ageism, addressing Parkinson's disease, diabetes care, and MORE!Who typically attends?
- People 50+
- Health Care Students and Allied Health Faculty
- Social Workers
- Care Partners (aka caregivers): formal and informal
- Nurses (not just RNs)
- Certified Nurse Assistants (CNAs)
- Other employees working in health care (PTs, OTs, SLPs, etc.)
- $20 day for undergraduate students
- $50 per day for retirees
- $60 per day for graduate students
- $100 per day for others