Friday, April 24, 2015

Depend Silhouette Active Fit Briefs

Getting ready to hit the gym with Depend. 
Going to the gym preserves my health and sanity.

At times, I have been hesitant to push myself hard while working out because of issues with bladder leakage.

A few weeks ago, I told my personal trainer, Melanie, that I didn't want to do jumping jacks.

She replied (in her drill sergeant manner): "Get some disposable underwear and quit whining!"

The next day, I received an invitation to review Depend Silhouette Active Fit briefs. That was a happy coincidence!





Fashionable protection: Briefs come in beige and black. 
Depend Silhouette Active Fit briefs features:

Thin design for complete comfort

Lower rise sits just below waist

Moderate absorbency traps and locks in odor

Cotton-like fabric

S/M  and L/XL sizes  


My first test run was conducted during an evening at the gym.

No bulky lines under my gym clothes.
While I am working to improve my diaphragm muscles and pelvic floor muscles, disposable briefs let me continue my workout doing cardio, stretching and/or strength training.

The briefs didn't rustle, and they didn't look bulky under my tight-fitting exercise pants.  

I could complete the homework my trainer assigned to me without wimping out.

Since picking up SAF briefs, I've talked with friends in their 30s, 40s and 50s, discovering that some of them also struggle with bladder leakage.

I've learned that more people 50 and under have bladder leakage than people 60 or over.

Want to help others through social media?

Depend is in its second year of the #Underawareness campaign, aimed at helping to remove the stigma of bladder leakage.
 
@Depend will donate $1, up to $3 million, over the next three years to the Simon Foundation for Continence and United Way for each person who participates in the #underawareness movement.

Click through to learn about the $3 million pledge.
Visit www.Underawareness.com to request a free sample. 



14 comments:

  1. While having to pee every five minutes so I can get in my requisite amount of healthy water, I also wear a pad so I'm not doubly surprised when someone yells, "BOO!" I applaud your bravery and your trainer's common sense. Thanks for making it less scary to just put on the big girl panties and get on with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. It's good to know they're not bulky and funky. I have MS, so bladder issues are a pretty regular concern—which makes this valuable info. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hunh. not there just yet, but will look at these when I am

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to know these exist. Active and briefs seem to not go together, so this let's people know they can do both. Whew!

      Delete
  4. It is good to know they are available. They seem like a wonderful solution for leaky bladder and I will definitely try when I have this challenge so that I can continue going to the gym

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank heavens this is not a product I need!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am also a part of this campaign and received mine a few days ago. Glad it helped with your working out because this is something that I was struggle with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to know they are making these products more stylish with a better fit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well expressed. Thank heavens for considerations of style and fit!

    ReplyDelete