|Photo by Zabara Alexander.|
I decided to spend some time learning more about her.
Born April 4, 1923, Phyllis has been active for decades, but her recent activities include the following:
- at 83 learned how to tango
- at 85 started practicing yoga
- at 86 released Scenes of Passion, her album of Jazz music, followed the next year with an album of tango music called Tango Insomnia.
- at 90, started writing a column for Huffington Post.
- at 91, completed her second tandem skydive jump, captured in the video below.
Phyllis introduced her jump at 2:08, she exits the plan at 6:15, and she lands at 12:00, ending with an interview.
She also does trapeze work, jumps rope, and plays tennis. See her webpage for more information about her.
I don't know if I will be as adventurous as Phyllis, but she does inspire me to take a vigorous walk today so that I have the option of doing something a little bit "out of the box" in late life.