Monday, May 13, 2024

85th Birthday Celebration on Mother's Day

 

Donna Webb Lloyd's
85th Birthday

I was born in Utah, and I attended college in Utah, but I haven't lived here since the early 1990s.  I often miss family milestones. However, I live just 90 miles away from where we celebrated my mother's 85th birthday this year.  

It was a great blessing to attend.  

My mother and step-father live in an assisted living center. They moved there in the fall of 2019.  I have five step-brothers, and four of them also live in Utah (but not in the same county). 

Donna and Gary Lloyd,
married over 30 years

I have two sisters who live in the same county as our mother and step-father. 

Michelle, Donna, Julie, and Wren

Three of my four nephews were able to attend.  We had three great grandchildren present as well. It was very joyful. 

Four Generations Celebrating Together

My mother lives with several chronic diseases, but she has good genes. Her father lived until age 97. His sister made it to 100.  Her brother, just two years younger (a retired rancher), is still very active. I am trying to live a healthy lifestyle so that I can have a long health span if I end up living into my late 80s or even into my 90s.  But you never know. I tend to make detailed plans for only six months out. 

My mother and step-father, however, do well if they focus on one week at a time if not one day at a time. They are blessed in many ways, but they also face a lot of challenges. 

My husband and I moved back to Utah in part to be one more resource for them. We are compromised a bit because we are 90 minutes away through a canyon that can be perilous during the winter. But it's a lot closer than the 15 drive from Indiana!  

Related:

No comments:

Post a Comment