Friday, April 12, 2024

Happy 20th Yoga-Versary!

Image by cheeseslave
via Creative Commons

I had a big anniversary hit in February, but I did not recognize it in any way because my husband was battling pneumonia that month. I'm ready to recognize it now. 

February marked my 20th Yogaversary! 

I started practicing yoga in February of 2004, and I have been attending classes or practicing at home fairly consistently for the past twenty years. 

Many of you know the benefits of yoga, but let me list the ones that I experience. I experience improvement in these areas of my mind-body: 


  • Focus
  • Mental Health
  • Spiritual Awareness
  • Inexplicably Results in Being Both Energized and Relaxed
  • Improves My Performance in Tai Chi, Pilates, Dance, Weight Training, etc. 
  • Breathing
  • Flexibility
  • Strength
  • Balance (Spinal Alignment and Prevention)
  • Digestion
  • Pain Management (Including Managing Arthritis)
  • Body Awareness
  • Foot Health
  • Social Connection
I am grateful for all of my yoga teachers (in Shepherdstown, WV; Wichita, KS, Evansville, IN; and Sanpete County, UT). I am also grateful for my fellow students for offering support, humor, and affection as well as for demonstrating how to improve my poses.  

I am hoping to spend another twenty plus years of yoga practice even if I need to adapt to doing chair poses during some future decade. Practicing yoga has truly improved my quality of life from head to toe and throughout my mind, body, and spirit. 

Be well! 

Related: 




No comments:

Post a Comment