|Visit Drop Your Pants for More Pics & Info.|
Many thanks to Depend for sponsoring today’s story and for encouraging people to #dropyourpants for #underwareness.
The stereotype is that bladder leakage is an "old person's problem."
Few people talk about it, but bladder leakage affects a significant portion of people all across the lifespan.
What are some of the causes?
Urinary track infections, some nutritional imbalances, pregnancy, childbirth, hysterectomy, enlarged prostate, neurological disorders, side effects of some medications, some cancers are just a few of the causes for bladder leakage.
Bladder Leakage Affects People of All Ages
All through my 20s, 30s and 40s, I would experience conversations with my gal pals about the risks we took when laughing or sneezing or coughing. The more we joke, the more evident the reality of the problem.
- More than 65 million American experience bladder leakage.
- More people with bladder leakage are in their 20s than in their 80s.
- The average age of a person with bladder leakage is only 52.
- More people 50 and younger have bladder leakage than people 60 and over.
Now that I'm in my 50s, bladder leakage is still a concern for my age mates. People don't need to limit their activities for fear of bladder leakage. They can remain active by wearing absorbent underwear that can be worn discretely because it's thin and flexible.
Help Raise Money for Charity
To help raise awareness of this invisible problem, Depend is donating up to $3 million dollars to the Simon Foundation for Continence and the United Way ($1 at a time) over the next three years.
Donations are generated--
- For every pant drop, photo and video shared using #Underawareness and #DropYourPants, and
- For every personal video uploaded to YouTube that is made about what Underawareness means to you; the video needs to be tagged #Underawareness and #DropYourPants
Request a Free Sample
You can claim a free sample by visiting the Depend campaign landing page and clicking on the "Get a Sample" button located at the top right-hand side of the screen. Then you will see the screen depicted below. From there, select the type of thin, comfortable sample you would like to receive:
|Free Samples available by visiting the Depend site.|
- Depend® Silhouette® Briefs for Women
- Depend® for Women Underwear with FIT-FLEX™ Protection
- Depend® Real Fit® Briefs for Men
- Depend® for Men Underwear With FIT-FLEX™ Protection
Then just wait for them to arrive.
Visit Depend's Instagram account (by going through the launch page) to see some great photos tagged #DropYourPants and #Underawareness.
|Check out Depend's Instagram account.|
1:4 Americans experiences bladder leakage.
23 million Americans under the age of 45 experience bladder leakage.
Boomers! 21% of the millions of people in the US with bladder leakage are 50-59 years old.
25% of people with bladder leaks are in their 20s and 30s.